DVD player locked to region 1

vijaygunners

In Runtime
my dvd rom has just been locked to region 1 but most of my dvd's are region 2 so is there anyway i can get it sorted out? Power dvd showed me the message telling me its locked to region 2 so i thought it might work with a different player so i tried windows media player 10 but that also says the same message. HELP!!!

I went to the site but is gives me an option of 3 different ones (10xx firmware, 17xx firmware & 1Mxx firmware) but i dont have a clue what that means. My dvd-rw drive is Toshiba SD-R6112 and it says a drive region code must be selected before using the patched firmware and something else about RPC-1 & RCP-2

Im so confused

Have you got Nero burning rom?

If you do, go to the Infotool, run it and it with give you the firmware version of your drive.

Then download the appropriate firmware, unpack it in to a directory

Run the program thats NOW in the directory, select the bios and flash your drive.

i've downloaded the right one but now confused on wot to do next, the Readme looks really complicated. P.S im a bit freaked out by reading <should be used by technically experienced persons only> in the Readme

They always put things like that, dont worry. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. If you dont know how to make a boot disk, post back.

Back
Top Bottom