DVD player

Wired Earp

Baseband Member
After only using it a few days the DVD player in my computer doesn't work. No buttons or fields show up anymore that can be clicked.

Okay so what's your question. All I can say at the moment is replace it. Have a look in device manager and tell us what that is saying about the DVD player. Some computer specs might help as well such as your OS.

If you don't see anything wrong with it, the best thing to do is try to remember what you did before it stopped working.

Did you install or remove anything? Did you still liquid over it? Did your friend run it over with his car?

It's an HP Slimline n the OS is Windows 10 Family.

I don't know where Device Manager is.

I didn't do anything before it stopped working. I was using it as I always did. The Internet connection goes down every so often but goes back on each time, which I imagine is unrelated.

Last edited:
Right click on the Windows 10 start window, bottom left of the screen. It's, roughly, two thirds of the way up that list. left click on device manager and in the next list you should see "DVD/CD Rom drives. Double left click that and tell us if there any yellow triangles or red crosses by the side of the entry. If you right click that entry you should see an entry that says update driver. You need to be on the internet to do the next bit, left click the entry that says update driver and it will automatically download and update the drivers for your DVD drive. That may fix it.

I'm not exactly sure where this is going. "I don't know where that is" "I don't see system restore." Sorry google is your friend I'm out of here. Hopefully someone else can sort you out.

Back
Top Bottom