Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default DVD Drive Problems

Hello, my DVD Drive has been going for quite some time and now it has finally gone. I am looking to replace my computer eventually (Vista Service Pack 1) but in the mean time I need a new DVD Drive. My current DVD Drive is connected via SATA cables and I was wondering if it would be better to have a internal or external DVD Drive until I can replace my computer. The only thing I would use it for is downloading CD's to Itunes and burning CD's. If I go the external route I can use it on another computer. I do not want to spend more than $50, just something functional. A quick search on Amazon turned up this, but I was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions and information. Thank you for your time!

Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: DVD Drive Problems

LG is a solid brand, and external drives are handy for the reasons you listed, so if you like the way that one looks and can afford it, it's a green light in my book.

It's worth noting that the internal version of this drive is usually about $15-$20, so you're not paying much more for the convenience.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote