DVD Drive problem

kewlnick12

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my DVD drive.It says the DVD drive is there but when i put in a disk it just sits there.I go to drive D and it says please insert a disk so I open it then close it and it just sits there.Whats wrong with it?Oh and this is my grandpa's DVD drive and he was having problems with it on his computer to so he wanted to test it on mine.thanks

Sounds like it could be the drive itself. It could also be a jumper setting on the drive causing problems, especially if it's not the only drive on the IDE cable. Check the jumpers, make sure they are set properly. Also, make sure you have a good connection on the IDE, both on the drive and the motherboard. If you're check all this, and still have problems, it's a drive issue, and it should be replaced. Hope this helps.

Can ya hear the drive spin up when ya insert a disc? Ive had 2 like this lately where the drive motor has died. Both LG, so i had to RMA them

is it set to master? Because one time i had my CD Burner set to Master and my DVD Drive set to slave and it had the same problem...then i set DVD To master and it worked fine. (to do this open up your case...plug the first plugin to the DVD drive..second one to the CD Drive...or w/e u ahve)

Spec said:
is it set to master? Because one time i had my CD Burner set to Master and my DVD Drive set to slave and it had the same problem...then i set DVD To master and it worked fine. (to do this open up your case...plug the first plugin to the DVD drive..second one to the CD Drive...or w/e u ahve)

This only works with cable select cables, the normal way is to use the jumpers on the back of the drive

Umm...ok :\....on my old one it was with cables..and thats how it is with my new one also...

Raffaz said:
Can ya hear the drive spin up when ya insert a disc? Ive had 2 like this lately where the drive motor has died. Both LG, so i had to RMA them
yes i hear the disk spin up.

Back
Top Bottom