DVD Drive Not Working

acphenom

Daemon Poster
About a week ago, I rather foolishly burned a CD whilst downloading and browsing multiple pages in Firefox. My CD-writing program kind of crashed, and so I had to end the process, mid-writing.

Following this, I deleted everything on my CD, using the same program, but I'm now having problems with my the drive I used to write to it. Windows labels it as a 'CD Drive' in My Computer, and so I uninstalled it in Device Manager. When Windows detected again, it was disabled, and when I tried to enable it, it failed.

Now, does this mean that my DVD drive was damaged by the interrupted CD-burning, or should I maybe just check the cables?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'll bet Windows got that file you're trying to burn in queue. I forgot where to look for that since it's been awhile back, but it's a window where the file you're burning is holding up the process. FInd it and delete that file, then reboot. My friend did the exact same thing and the burner got all screwed up. I was even going to remove Nero, but if it's a Windows process, then uninstalling Nero might not help. Maybe it will, don't know. So crazy sometime. I think she was trying to burn something and halfway through, she interrupted it.

Damn, I can't actually remember what I was writing, as I've written so many things in the last week.

I have the IMAPI service disabled though, and I use NTI's CD&DVD Maker, so I think my issue differs from the one which you describe.

When I open NTI, it says 'No Supported Drive detected'. I've rebooted a few times since the writing incident, so I can't see what's wrong. The drive still opens and closes and appears to be reading the disc.

Back
Top Bottom