DVD Drive not reading burnt DVDs or CDs

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Hello, CF.

So, as you may know, I recently had to do a full reformat due to a virus. That went pretty well, but now a new problem surfaced.

My DVD-CD drive won't read the DVDs I burnt before I reformatted. Sometimes it will, but it does it at random times and usually after I put the said DVD or CD in the drive, remove it, and try it again. The drivers and firmware I need to attempt to update it are no where to be found.

My drive is a TSSTcorp TS-H652D ATA Device. If I remember correctly, TSSTcorp is a spin-off company of Samsung. Samsung has a really sucky driver site, and I can't find what I'm looking for.

open the Start menu and write regedit in the search box at the bottom.
click continue at the prompt
under Computer go to HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE folder
then SYSTEM folder
then CurrentControlSet folder
then Control folder
then Class folder
then {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
once inside this folder, delete the upper and lower filters
then Re-start your computer
That should do it.

There was no lower filter, but I deleted the upper filter. I restarted, and it still won't work.

Ok, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. It still won't read my burnt CDs.

I'm quite certain these CDs are good, because this drive was working with them a few days ago.

maybe its had and done its job? maybe its weak? old? cant be arsed readin your dust? maybe he's tired?

nothing i can think if, this ain't my style so goodluck but be patient im sure a CF member will be here to help.

Well, thanks for your help, cobra, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure theres something simple we are missing. If I could find the drivers for it, that would be great, but Samsung has a really crappy site.

sorry triple post here is the soultion posted on another forums:

Originally Posted by asfan42069
ok i had the same problem and i had to go thro a couple steps in order to fix it. I'm running Vista on a pavilion desktop and have the TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652M ATA Device. I got error code 39.

so here ya go:

click the start menu
find the search box (located at directly above the start menu button)
type in "regedit" and press enter
you might get a warning asking if you want to open the "Registry Edit"
click yes

now you should have the registry edit program open

double click on "computer"
double click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
double click on "SYSTEM"
double click on "CurrentControlSet"
double click on "Control"
double click on "Class"
double click on "{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

now you should see a list of items on the right side of the window

and there is an item named "lowerfilter"

anyway... right click on it and click delete.

once deleted, close the registry edit prgram and restart your pc.

Back
Top Bottom