DVD Drive For Computer Build?

nickelodeonn

In Runtime
Hiya!

I am looking at this DIY kit from NewEgg...
Intel Core i5 750 + GIGABYTE P55 Chipset SuperCombo

I know, it ends TODAY, but that's fine with me. I just am looking around; getting an eye for technology. (I'm only 13) Well, my initial question is: does this include everything and how do I get a DVD drive with that case? Please and thank you, if you know please :D

Decent

Better

You can always just find all the parts you want to have a more customized build or post what you want to do with your rig and post a budget and we can find the parts and link them for you. That may be easier.

thanks!!

Decent

Better

You can always just find all the parts you want to have a more customized build or post what you want to do with your rig and post a budget and we can find the parts and link them for you. That may be easier.

So, just look up what parts I think I can afford and you can help me out?

Well I bought my computer part by part when I got paid for about 3 months then put it all together so I didn't spend a bunch of money all at once. I started with a mobo and went from there.

Well I bought my computer part by part when I got paid for about 3 months then put it all together so I didn't spend a bunch of money all at once. I started with a mobo and went from there.

Oh,, gotcha. Well, I don't get paid, but I could save up my allowance/money I make online and get things part-by-part. Good idea, by the way! Maybe I could ask for a bunch of stuff for a computer for my birthday and for next Christmas. And by mobo, you mean motherboard, right?

That's a bad idea if you don't have enough money set aside each month. A friend of mine decided to do that and he thought he could get it all in a couple months. He bought the first stuff starting July or August. He has yet to be able to buy all the parts b/c of unforeseen circumstances that required money, and his first stuff is now out of date in computer age... He says he might get it all by the summer. Well the first stuff will be way out of date by then... The best idea is to really just save the money and buy it all at once IMO. It may sound like a good idea and not put you out of a lot of money so quickly, but if you learn how to save money it really won't hurt you any to buy it all at once.

Not only is part by part a bad idea because of outdated technology and overpaying for it, but if you have a defective part and can't put the rig together until you have everything 3, 6 or 12 months down the road; chances are you won't be able to RMA the product and you'll have to deal with warranty claims...which suck...royally.

That's a bad idea if you don't have enough money set aside each month. A friend of mine decided to do that and he thought he could get it all in a couple months. He bought the first stuff starting July or August. He has yet to be able to buy all the parts b/c of unforeseen circumstances that required money, and his first stuff is now out of date in computer age... He says he might get it all by the summer. Well the first stuff will be way out of date by then... The best idea is to really just save the money and buy it all at once IMO. It may sound like a good idea and not put you out of a lot of money so quickly, but if you learn how to save money it really won't hurt you any to buy it all at once.

Yeah, I can see that. I think I should just save up all the money. Do you think these NewEgg kits include everything necessary? and how do you put a DVD drive into that case, or can you?

Not only is part by part a bad idea because of outdated technology and overpaying for it, but if you have a defective part and can't put the rig together until you have everything 3, 6 or 12 months down the road; chances are you won't be able to RMA the product and you'll have to deal with warranty claims...which suck...royally.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll do that. Any suggestions on builds?

F me it was a different story since I got paid every week so in less than 2 months I bought everything. I looked for stuff on sale r I bought combos from newegg, like my CPU RAM combo.

Back
Top Bottom