DVD drive bust

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I had a big crash earlier and now my DVD drive isnt working. Doesnt read anything. It all connected and havent a clue how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Drivers, perhaps? You might try uninstalling it from the device manager, and letting Windows reinstall the drivers by itself.

Are you sure the jumpers are set correctly? Try to connect it to a different computer and see what it does; if it won't open on another one it is pretty safe to say that it has died.

It functions fine on other PC's. And the jumpers dont need looking at because 24 hours ago It was working fine

Downloading loads of stuff from limewire....I need this sorted people, so please help

Well, I'm really stumped, especially by the fact that it works in other computers. I something messed up with your IDE configuration (I'm assuming that's what the drive is connected with)? Or can you tell? You said you did the reinstall thing, so I don't know what's going on. Since you use SATA hard drives, have you tried switching the drive from secondary IDE to primary IDE?

Well, it may be unrelated, but I am pretty positive it isnt the best idea to be using limewire with any computer that you care about.

Back
Top Bottom