DVD Drive....

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Well I got a problem on my hands.
My DVD drive isn't working properly, all my music cds skip while being played and i also think this was the problem when i tried installing a program, and burning cds.
I'm using my CD-RW drive to play my cd right now and its playing perfec.

So what may this be??? Dirty drive?

Oh and...CF looks sooo futuristic now :p lol

I had a similar problem with a cd player. I just opened it up and duck taped a dime on the laser head to hold it down. So far the dime hasn't flew off but i probably wouldn't recommend this for an expensive drive. :)

Mehhh, this drive is old :p
Maybe I should just buy a new one. I need a DVD burner anyways...sooo do dvd burners play dvd's as well??? and does anyone want to recommend some?

Depends if ur looking for a external or internal. I love my external duel layer Sony burner (i dont know exact model number at the moment but if u want just ask). You should have a USB 2.0 port to run which i dont but it still works great. I never had a problem with it.

Ya i use it with my laptop (listed in my signature) the only problem is it doesn't have USB 2.0 ports but that isn't really a problem i just needa wait a little longer :). I bought this one at Circuit City you should be able to find the retail price on there site.

yeah, dvd burners play dvd's as well. you can make any optical drive an external one, they sell external enclosures for them. as for recommending drives, NEC, Sony, Pioneer, LG, Plextor, those brands are all good.

Back
Top Bottom