Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-04-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default DVD Decoder?

Ok, so I have a problem. My mom comes home the other day with movies, such would be Stealth and War of the Worlds. So I'm like sweet I'll go watch one of them. So I pop the DVD in my DVD drive, then a menu pops up, I click on play, and here comes Windows Media Player. So it tries to play the movie, but oh no, WMP has to be stupid once again...It asks me for a DVD Decoder. So I click on the web help button and here comes a Microsoft page, you all know what this means! Buy some software...pffft. What kind of crap is this. I have Windows Media Center Edition, which is advertised as, "Play all your DVDs and movies with crisp quality right from the start!" But oh no, now I have to BUY the software, come on what kind of crap is this???

So here's what I need, a DVD Decoder for WMP. Any suggestions? download.com keeps sending me to programs that allow you to burn DVDs to the HDD, which is good and all, and I would, but what happens when you have to play it? Yup need that decoder again...So, can anyone help?
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote