DVD Copy Question?

no but kids program and so do others and they become so populer programs they start making them and putting them up online and so on. Its not easy to stop programs online.

I have DVDShrink....I understand that some movies are copyrighted and some are not. So if I have DVDShrink I shouldnt run into any problems with MY DVD's?

I have DVDShrink....I understand that some movies are copyrighted and some are not. So if I have DVDShrink I shouldnt run into any problems with MY DVD's?

As I said before it will work but NOT on all of them as it will not be able to open security encrypted DVDs, you will find out as soon as you start, if it wont do it use DVD FAB.

It is my understanding, unless the law has been changed, that you can legally make one archival back up copy. How you do it is a different matter.
Catch 22

yes, every country has different laws, you can't copy CDs or DVDs leagally in the UK...

however, the poster who asked the original question is based in a university within America from his IP address.
and these forums are hosted in america. and there is a "fair usage" policy with regards ripping media that you've bought in America.

(you can transpose media, e.g rip CDs or movies to a computer if you have the original, this is illegal in the UK).

Programs that I've used are dvdx (freeware - google it)
dvddycrypter (freeware - google it)
and Slysofts AnyDVD (commercial - still google it).

I've never found a DVD that these can't rip.

with some DVDs you get copy protection errors, one way to get around these is to play the DVD whilst ripping it at the same time, playing the DVD removes the media locks that prevents copying it in *some* cases.

Most programs like DVD SHRINK/FAB work automatically with Nero so if you have that already installed you don't have to worry, I would think convertxtodvd is just the same.

Back
Top Bottom