dvd/cd-rw drive problems

akos91

Beta member
I have a lite-on DVD/CD-RW drive. Usually it works well, but lately (for a few months actually), its been giving me a lot of problems. Every so often, when I put a CD or DVD into the drive, I hear the drive rev up, loading the cd, and then nothing happens. I can't click anything or interact with my computer in any way. If I click the mouse a few times, I hear a loud beep noise and everything is completely frozen, forcing me to turn off the power and then turn it back on. This is especially frustrating when I am installing something on multiple CDs, because if it freezes, I have to start all over again. I have checked the cables, but they seem to be fine. I tried reformatting as well, but that did not help. I don't know what else could be causing the problem.

Maybe try finding drivers for it. Also sometimes certain cd's dont burn good with some burners so hmm, help?

does it play a music cd (not burned one) ok in the drive?

can it play a reg. dvd (store bought)?

if it can...then camers is right, it's either the drivers for the drive or it can be the software your using to burn with.

just one more thing: did you check devise manager , to see if their is a conflict ?

You decide

I have concluded that burners are just that and don't do too well as a
cdrom as they advertise.
I use my DVD drive for this kind of reading.
Or get an old fashioned CDROM.

:D

Back
Top Bottom