Hey, I've been trying to get my DVD drive to read things such as installation cds, etc, but I just can't get it to work. Here's some info:
- Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS_L633L ATA Device
- OS: Windows 7 64 bit
- Computer: HP Pavilion DV7-1245dx laptop
- When I insert the disc it makes a noise (I believe the laser moving up and down) so that you know it is spinning
- Drive E: is recognized in My Computer but it doesn't have the name of the DVD on it... It just says DVD RW Drive E:
- If I click on the E: drive in My Computer while a disc is in there, it goes into a "forever loading" process.
- If I run E:\ through the run application it freezes it until I take the disc out.
- If I go to Administrative tools>Computer Management>Disc Management>ReScan Discs while a disc is NOT in there, it will show up as (DVD E: No Media.) However if I insert a disc and re-scan it will re-scan forever until I take the disc out
- I've uninstalled the drive from device manager and restarted the computer to reinstall it.
- I've updated to the latest firmware