DVD Burning

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, now burning a DVD. May sound simple, but I have never done it! And now's the time I need to know how. I'm about to google it, but I want to see in your opinion, is there a program I need to burn? what would you suggest I mean...

I movie clip btw :p not music.

Ahhh.. I started using Nero (this is for a teacher for one of the lesson videos, the school computers have nero on them) Well, I know there is a + and a - CD, I have no idea what they mean, but when I look at his CD drive, it has a + on it and my CD is - :p So I guess I have to buy different ones...

Are you trying to burn a data DVD or back up a film(original) or trying to burn video format file eg avi/divx file? for data just put an empty dvdr in the drive then open up Nero Burning ROM, select DVD t the top, then click new and add the files and select burn.
If your backing up a DVD then I suggest using DVD shrink or DVD FAB
If you want to turn an AVI,divx file into a playable DVD the select Nero vision, personally I use WIN AVI or SUPER DVD CREATOR as I find audio and video go out of sinc with Nero.

Well, he has access to all these 30 - 120 min history clips and he wants to burn them on to a dvd to watch on his dvd player. He bought the + cds, when I try to put the .asx video clip in nero it says it does not support it. I don't know why they download as .asx files, I have never heard of them either.. but whatever. Do I need to convert them to .vob or something? It says it needs to be .vob.. but I'll get a second opinion first.

Thanks

-Q

Did I say acx? I'm sorry.. it's ASX files...

Well, im going to check out your link now, what do you suggest? Converting the files to avi or what?

Alright, I got Easy WMV/ASF/ASX to DVD Burner and it works fine. Now I just have to get it.

Thanks

-Q

Did I say acx? I'm sorry.. it's ASX files...

Well, im going to check out your link now, what do you suggest? Converting the files to avi or what?

Alright, I got Easy WMV/ASF/ASX to DVD Burner and it works fine. Now I just have to get it.

Thanks

-Q

No ACX was a miss type by me, It should have been ASX as you rightly said, let us know how you got on when you get the software as I would e interested in it encase I ever come across ASX files, the common ones are AVI/DIVX or BIN & CUE.

Well, to buy the program.. you can't. The site is down and has been for a while... so... :D it is kind of their fault. So I am going to get it by other means. With the trial, like other trial things, it only does half.. so I did 4 of those little boreing videos and of couse I got two of them, which was my intention....

Like I said, it's on a school program website, so I would be surprised if you came across it anywhere else. I have never heard of it until now either... I don't think anyone but them would use it :D

Back
Top Bottom