DVD burning

BuzzStPoint said:
Newer PS2 games are DVD and yes you can copy them.

Actually, all PS2 games use the DVD format. Except for the ones with the blue bottoms. I think those are Blu-Ray. Or maybe not. I donno. I just know that at least all the non-blue discs are DVD. In any case, there are very few blue games as it is, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just 1 point though,
If you burn 4 + gb of data to a dvd great,what if you damaged it ?
dvd's are intended for what a cd-r's can't do.
oops,there goes 1200 mp3's.
I prefer cdr's unless it's to copy ? movies.
Rentals are cheap who needs a collection ?

spank_fusion said:
Actually, all PS2 games use the DVD format. Except for the ones with the blue bottoms. I think those are Blu-Ray. Or maybe not. I donno. I just know that at least all the non-blue discs are DVD. In any case, there are very few blue games as it is, so it shouldn't be a problem.

From what I have read.. I could be wrong.. The Blue Ray disks are going be implemented in PS3 next year.. This will pose a problem for people who want to copy PS3 games.. Blue ray drives are expensive at the moment..

Even so.. Once the Ps3 comes out it will be atleast a year before the mod chip comes out for that.. And that chip will be pricey.

Blu ray drives ared definately not cheap...and if your only reason is to keep your kids off the discs just make them pay for each one they break. My parents did that to me.

Sounds good in theory.. But my oldest is 10.. The only money he gets is from me... So I'm still paying for them :)

Dont get me wrong,, they still get kicked off the machines.

Yeah, the ones with the blue bottoms...are just plain DVD's with blue bottoms :p

Ye Blue Ray will cost alot since its new, but as time goes on, like DVD, the prices will drop. Remember the prices of DVD and DVD players, and then recorders when they were first released?

Expect Ps3 games to cost alot at first for those reasons. Though if HD-DVD wins the battle for the future, at least PS3 keeps the blueray alive, since I think the 50gb for dual layer is great, and especially if it contains protection on them like I think they are going to like minidiscs to protect the surface (less breakable) :D

Though PS3 would then have a choice then since it would support the original DVD format too, though most would use blueray since this would be the default format.

I agree about renting too, I like the idea you can take out abotu 3 movies at a time and watch them, forvery cheap too for about a few nights, because lets face it, how many times in a year do yuo watch the same film again. Though buying them of course allows you to know its yours, etc.

I really do hope Blueray wins though (I want them to have the protective cases though to have any point. A little scratch when theres 25gb a side, could harm about 3gb of data or something. I thought DVD's were bad!!! Lets also face the fact that scratches happen by jsut normal use, you don't have to handle them bad. Its the cases for one thing, and then the way the places you put the disc in the drive work. You put it on a solid surface. I tinhk this should be changed...
though there are ones you slide them in, but this again, how is the disc grabbed on the other end to force it through?

Back
Top Bottom