dvd-burner problems

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
This is one of my most major problems i have. I bought a dvd-burner from a store around my house in may and it worked fine, actually better than any burner i had before. Then about july i bought a tv-tuner card and it stopped wanting to burn c.d's as soon as i installed the tv tuner card. It will not burn anything at all, gets to about 1% sometimes 40-50% and then comes up with some atapi error. My uncle who knows a little about computers tried to fix it but he couldnt figure it out. we switched the master/slave order (because i have a dvd-burner and a dvd-rom) and that let me do one burn and then the second burn it started screwing up again.

Does anybody know wth could be wrong? Its starting to piss me off because i got like 15 movies on here that i wanna get off but i cant.

thats the problem, it says that the devices are working properly but they aren't any other suggestions?

it sounds like an irq conflict-you only have so many.
Check in system information and see if one exists. If so sometimes you can disable unused hardware in the bios like a serial port to free up another irq.

Or you might have a software issue between the burner and the tv card.

Back
Top Bottom