DVD Burner

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
My DVD burner isn't reconziging as a DVD anymore. I put in a DVD disc and it didn't reconzige it. I really need it because my HD is nearly full and I was goin gback up some files today so I could free up some space. But now I can't. Its a genertic DVD burner I believe its dual layer or 16x. I've burned on it countless times before. I got it maybe 3 years ago.... Not sure what I should look for is there setting or somthing I need to look into?

Wow, TheAmishKid is having the same problem he posted something about it not too long ago. Try updating your drivers,if that doesnt work try putting the dvd drive in another computer and using it on there.

did you try different blank dvd's and actual movie dvds and still the same problem? also how old is it because the sensors do wear out over time.

- oh i c, 3 years, well yeah like i said things like that do wear out.

Perhaps it needs a firmware upgrade? Check the manufacturer's site to see if there are any updates. 3 years is a long time.

Once again its generic. Its not a name brand. I'll try updatiing drivers though. If that don't work I'll get a new one. It is 3 years old and it's been used a lot. And yes over 10 different DVDs have been tried. All of which work on a other burner just fine. So teh avg lifespan is 3 years?

Doesnt matter, you shouldnt have to update the firmware. If its worked countless times before. Then it should work now. If something new comes out, that shouldnt make it just die. I think the laser is done in it. Get a new one...

I've seen burners last much longer than 3 years. Who knows, it could have burned our prematurely if you use it a lot. Yeah, try doing all the little stuff first like firmware, uninstalling it from device manager and installing it again, remove DVD burning software-reboot and reinstall Nero or something. Could the cable accidently come loose somewhere in the case while you were tinkering with something? THese are little things you could try. May be tedious work, but if you don't have the money yet to buy a replacement, then try all these things. I would even boot into Safe Mode just for the hell of it to see if it works in there. It's a longshot, but I've seen stranger things. Just some thought on that. Then if everything fails, buy a LiteOn burner or something. THey're pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom