dvd burner

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
hey i got my dvd burner and i went to burn a movie thats only like 4gb and it said it was going to take like 2:30 hours!!!! isnt that kinda long? i thought maybe 15-25 mins but not 2 and a half hours. also should i have a gig of ram when im burning? because with 512mb pc-2700 ram it started to burn but with 512mb pc-2100 ram the timer was going up but nothing was happening...any help here would be good

well im using nero to burn and im creating a dvd movie. if i burn it as a data file will it still work in most dvd players? and burning a dvd usually takes a long time anyway its not just my computer?

>EDIT<

now that i look i already tried burning a movie as a data file and my dvd player just kept trying to read it over and over again and never loaded it. its an AVI file

Probably not, but I always watch the movie on my computer anyways. I tried burning an actual movie format one time. It took a long time, but not it didn't take that long like what yours said. Does it do this with other movies or just this one? Maybe try playing with the settings in Nero or something or use Roxio. Double check the burning speed and the speed of the DVD disc to see what it is capable of.

k ill go and try another movie and tehn fool with some settings, the discs can burn up to 8x. what kinda encoding do you use? 2 passes or 1

ok well i set it to one pass encoding and thats supposed to be fast..well im still burning the movie at like 2:40 hours. this doesnt really seem worth it to me to have to wait 2:30 hours to back up one movie...i have like 20 movies i wanted to back up today and this is slowing me down crazily

ok i keep trying to burn a movie and i can, but when i add chapters in its like the computer just freezes and yet the time elapsed thingy keeps going up but the hour glass is up by my arrow and its not burning...any help?

ill try roxio i guess, could it be not enough ram? because when nero freezes as its about to burn a movie cpu usage is like 100% until i close it

Back
Top Bottom