Dust!!!!

If you can just routinely blow out the dust, you'll never get that kind of buildup.

If my PC catches on fire, which I highly doubt, I have the perfect excuse to build an X2 system. Yeah baby.

Haha, yeah :) Why don;'t you just "accidentally" let it run too hot and create an excuse for getting an X2 system :D

The only problem is cost. I figured if I do end up building a new system, it would cost me over 2 grand easily. I plan on beating Crossfire with dual 7800GTX and I may be crazy at doing this knowing it will not even make a dent in most games out there. Mainly the motherboard, graphics card, and memory is where cost will get to me. I don't plan on a sound card at all. Most SLi supported motherboard have fairly nice 5.1 surround sound and if I choose the Abit Fatal1ty board, they use a 1x PCIe slot with an included sound card. I think having dual 7800's will limit my space for a sound card anyways because I plan on adding an exhaust blower right below the video card to relieve some of that hot air out.

Maybe I shouldn't be too greedy and stick to just a single 7800GTX eVGA card. That card is probably the highest clocked 7800GTX I've seen so far, stock.

Ah, TRDCorolla.... Look beyond the realms of eVGA, Leadtek and BFG :) XFX have produced the same card, and well they were the first to produce the 490/1300 version of the card :) Just thought I'd let you know..... :D

I see XFX has one. I just don't like way eVGA looks with that monstrous heatsink/exhaust, but reviews are all postive. I'm going to hold off on the Leadtek for now. They have that "Winfast" to their name and is reminds me of "WinModem" :p

Or maybe I should get a 6800GT or Ultra instead? mehhhh...I see you have a 7800GTX. Do you notice a difference? How much did that overall setup cost you?

Back
Top Bottom