the dumbest OC'ing question ever

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
well, i just finished a small overclock on my system (from 2.4 to 2.58). Now i have seen some people say things like "nice 5% OC" or things along that line. How do u calculate the percentage of your Oc?

Percentage of OC = (speed you're at now - stock speed) / (stock speed).

i.e. (2.58 - 2.4) / 2.4
=0.18 / 2.4
=0.075
0.075, or 7.5%

Nice 7.5% OC. :p

THEpiGUY said:

i.e. (2.58 - 2.4) / 2.4
=0.18 / 2.4
=0.075
0.075, or 7.5%

haha cool, I never knew how that was done either but I had a good guess

THEpiGUY said:

i.e. (2.58 - 2.4) / 2.4
=0.18 / 2.4
=0.075
0.075, or 7.5%

sweet thanks. i was doing it like 1 - (Stock/currently running) = OC percentage. i was getting around 7 (its was like .9354 or something around there) but your way seems to work alot nicer. thanks for the help.

celegorm said:
sweet thanks. i was doing it like 1 - (Stock/currently running) = OC percentage. i was getting around 7 (its was like .9354 or something around there) but your way seems to work alot nicer. thanks for the help.

No problem, glad to help.

Alternatively, you can do it like this. It may be a little easier, sorry that I forgot to mention it.

(speed now / stock speed) - 1

You end up with the same answer, 0.075 for you, either way.

^Mike^ said:
haha cool, I never knew how that was done either but I had a good guess

and here i was thinking that it was only celegorm who slept all through middle school math! :eek:

Zaki said:
and here i was thinking that it was only celegorm who slept all through middle school math! !!:eek:

lol the sad part its true..... (i ended up having to do algebra twice 'cuz of it)

o_O this is simple math
division people, division....

mathoe3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom