Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Dumb quick question about MiniPCI WiFi card connectors (pigtail?)

I have an old Belkin Access Point flashed with DDWRT acting as a WiFi bridge to get my WiFi up to my Xbox 360 without having to pay for the 100 dollar Microsoft Adaptor. I payed 25 for the old ghetto router...

I have taken it apart, as I do to many electronic things I won, and the MiniPCI card in it looks precisely like this, actually I think it is an Atheros chipest, but that doesn't matter, look at what I highlighted.

See those too little suckers? They are connected to 2 wires and 2 little whimpy antennas. On ebay, 7dBi wifi antenna, 1 dollar, 1.78 shipping, I can take out the bakc panel of my router to run the antennas, and I got a sick WiFi speed boost (and I think the antennas look cool, they are the ones that go up adn then curl a couple times and then are straight again) for about 3.78

But I need a cable to get the end of the wifi antenna cable (which is a female one, has a hole in it, if it connected to a router, there would be a long pin that went in the hole) to hook up to the 2 little suckers on the wifi card.

So I need from you guys to know what those little connectors are called. I am assuming I can type in on ebay "(whatever the name is)" and I will get a bunch of under 2 dollars hong kong adapter cables I get can get up and running with.

i want a laptop is offline   Reply With Quote