dumb fan question

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so i have a few fans in my pc one in front and some in back but i can not tell wich ones are sucking air in or pushing it out...is there a way to tell?

Yea, put your hand in front of them. If you feel a breeze, it's blowing towards your hand! :D

Generally, they blow away from the open end, or the spinning part of the fan enclosure. There may also be a small arrow on the side of the fan enclosure showing the direction.

yeahb ut if you have your hand to close it will feel like it also as the air suck;s around and you still feel a breeze if on the suck side :p

thanks.... i know it is a dumb question but to me both ways feel the same..... but i did find an arrow on my fan....

Atomic Rooster said:
Yea, put your hand in front of them. If you feel a breeze, it's blowing towards your hand! :D .......
This isn't as silly as it first looks, it you dampen your hand it actually makes it easier to feel.

The old "wet the finger to see which way the wind is blowing" method ;)

4thgradedropout said:
thanks.... i know it is a dumb question but to me both ways feel the same..... but i did find an arrow on my fan....
Most quality fan manufacturers have and arrow on their fans, trouble is, if the fan is already installed with the arrow no visible and you do not wish to unscrew it you'll need to use something like the above method. :D

Back
Top Bottom