dual screens

yea, maybe your drivers are messed. Check out the website to see if there's a download for Dual Monitors

Hmm hehe...

I have that sorry (Was in College), I right clicked, went to Properties, Settings, Advanced,
and then this other menu pops up saying 'Default monitor on Radeon 9800 Pro'. Thebn there are loads of tabs, 3 rows infact.

One of them is 'Displays' which houses all the settings about dual monitors.

Could it be because I am trying to use a VGA port, and then a DVI port next to it but being converted to VGA using a adapter I got with the card? So it will only work with cards with two VGA connectors meant for dual screening? Or should this work?
I would of thought so...

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. I really need a pic to show, but have no webspace...grrr :p

Hmm hehe...confused..I'll try rooting for help in the ATI site.

Thanks to all of you that have tried to help :)

it's as easy as this...

go to the display properties...
disp1.jpg

select display 2
now check the box
"extned my windows desktop onto this monitor"
disp2.jpg

the displays don't have to be the same resolution, but it helps if they are, (I mean it helps you to drag things between the two, and if you are looking a pictures or sreadsheets streched between the two...

you can also stretch the desktop accross a TV assuming that you have a TV out.

Hehe yea, thanks root :p

I didn't see that post and sorted it out after I tried again today. I twas exactly what you said though, I didn't even have secondary monitor in my device manager enabled so it couldnt switch over. Plus I relaised you had to click the second monitor on the display settings to make it go over two :|

Anyway, its working now :D Thanks for all the help

its a shame I cant play a game while usnig the other screen though,. I wonder if theres a way of changin that... suddenly though, the rooms got hotter, and I'm bein dosed two sets of raditation :p *Gulp*

Back
Top Bottom