stabbyjoe12

Beta member
hi,
im sam im new :)
ive tto the forumns because i have a new computer,
desktop,
its got a 8600gs graphics card and i want to dual screen
there olyl one vga on the card
but theres another one on the motherboard plugging a screen into this extra one on the mother board doesnt work it doesnt work at all,
does anyone have any idea why,
is it a driver?
also im running vista (well windows 7 bit its still the same thing and the same thing happens in my vista partition)
hope someone can help
also to help anyone just incase ive got an acer m3640

You can't use your video card and the video-out on the motherboard, it's either-or.

Your video card probably has 1 VGA, an s-video, and 1 DVI out. Plug one monitor in the VGA and the other in the DVI, simple. Make sure you have latest drivers from nvidia.

You can't use your video card and the video-out on the motherboard, it's either-or.

Your video card probably has 1 VGA, an s-video, and 1 DVI out. Plug one monitor in the VGA and the other in the DVI, simple. Make sure you have latest drivers from nvidia.

You can! Well, I can anyway. It might depend on the chipset though. I have a computer with onboard graphics, to which I added a dedicated card.

The dedicated card had one VGA Out, and the Onboard had one VGA out. I could use both VGA Out's for dual screen action! :D

It really depends on the board. You might be able to find a setting the bios to enable them to both be on. Without knowing which board you have it is difficult to say though.

Back
Top Bottom