dual screen?

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
okay, as some of you may have seen, im gettin a new 22" WIDESCREEN for xmas, (here it is, if you want to see it ;)
well anyway, im gonna have that obviously for games, movies, everything, but i want to be able to use my old monitor for using dual screen in video editing, programming, etc. it would just be nice to be able to, do i need a seperate video card? does anyone have a guide to doin this?

thanks guys

if your like freestyler, or me, where you have a video card with one dvi,and one vga port, it should have came with an adapter to turn the dvi spot to a vga if both moniters are vga

freestyler105 said:
If you've got a video card that has 2 ports, then no, you won't need another video card. Even my GeForce 6600 has dual ports (one VGA and one DVI), so if you're spending $400 on a monitor, I'm assuming you have a decent video card. Anyway, check out this guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/northrup_multimon.mspx
lol, same, i have the 6600, so i can use the dvi for one, and the vga for the other? nice, thanks
celegorm said:
if your like freestyler, or me, where you have a video card with one dvi,and one vga port, it should have came with an adapter to turn the dvi spot to a vga if both moniters are vga
ones vga(the one i have now) and the other is dvi, vga, component, you name it its got it :p lol

Back
Top Bottom