Dual Processor: AMD vs Pentium???

NeXuS1

Fully Optimized
Hey im getting a new rig yay :D
I want to go for the dual processor
I love AMD maybe im going for the +3800 X2
but i wanna hear an opinion about Pentiums Dual Core :confused:
which is better???

Hahaha... Intel themselves said that the D was rushed to compete with amd's x2 series. Get the x2 series and be happy. The amd x2 3800+ is an excellent cpu. The D on the other... lol.... enough said.

I don't think there'll be much of a difference to the average user, to be entirely honest. The performance difference will be minor. The fact that it's DC is good enough.

Is there a huge difference between 2.8 GHz to 3.0 GHz on any processor?

No, unless you're benchmarking or overclocking. To the average, not, but, later on, in 2-3 years, when Amd is still going strong and Intel's cpu's are cracking down, you'll notice it. Plus, intel is coming out with yonah pretty soon. X2's are going to be here for a while. The m2 mobo will be new, but the dual cores will still be up there. The D is just two prescott cores stuck together. The x2 is a totally different set up. A more mature cpu. yes, intel does suck at dual core technology. You'll notice in the long run. And, plus, it does depend on what you do. If you game, you'll definitely notice a difference. Oh yeah. You betcha. Amd's own on-die memory controller makes all the difference. Believe me here. I've owned intel's all my life until this comp. My 3.2ghz pent. 4 with 1g of ram, 200gb hd, basically the same setup as this comp, ran MUCH slower than my amd right now. And games are unbelieable. Trust me.... the .2 ghz isn't a big difference to the average user, but more advanced.. yes... hope this helps..

Ziirou Requin said:
I don't think there'll be much of a difference to the average user, to be entirely honest. The performance difference will be minor. The fact that it's DC is good enough.

Is there a huge difference between 2.8 GHz to 3.0 GHz on any processor?
Well i use my comp for gaming not into the hype of the new consoles they suck PC>Console :p i always say that.

I second that. So yeah, amd all the way, if for gaming, oh yeah. Believe me.

Great i think of going 1 gig of RAM dunno if the 6600GT or 6800GT dunno i want the 6800GT but i may get over budget since the dual cores are kind of expensive :s

Yeah, too true... if you can... I would wait until next year for the m2 mobo's to come out that support that ddr2...

Back
Top Bottom