Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default dual processor

i have a crap load of IBM intellistation z pro's 6899-12u i need to make them run dual processors so far i have put in the other processor and gone into the device manager switched the processor from uniprocessor to multiprocessor but when i reboot the computer and go into the BIOS it says dual processor not installed and i cant find the driver on the internet for it anywhere.

i was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with this. also this is for school and i am getting a grade for this please someone help me.

puddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: dual processor

Please list more of the specifications.

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
Beta Member

200 mhz pentium pro processor, 128MB ram, no spec cd drive, everything is stock from the factory only problem is they several years old.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88

maybe a BIOS upgrade so it will recognize it? or is that what you mean by not being able to find the drivers?

btw, that is some old school hardware...lol maybe that's the problem!

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Hmmm... do you know if they worked before you got them? Cause they could just have bad connections.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

you're trying to link two CPUs on the same motherboard? Are you using Socket 7? Or Socket 370?

I had a Socket 370 motherboard that had a Slot 1 CPU expansion (main CPU) and another expansion in Socket 7 that I could mount another CPU to. Thus giving me two CPUs. I never actually did it though, I retrieved an older Pentium CPU and it was ONE(!!!) pin off from fitting, so I don't have experience actually enabling it, however, if you did get both to run, then you'd be blazing fast! I mean, sure the processors are slow compared to today's standards, but you have TWO processors, two is always better then one.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Beta Member

all i know is that my teacher said 3 years ago there was a driver for on the ibm website ( keep in mind this was 3 years ago ) but anyways the driver is no longer there or i just cant jind it. does anyone know of a website that might have it, some sort of archive of drivers.