Dual monitors on one VGA?

Bob94571

In Runtime
So I ordered parts for a friend of mine to build him a little budget PC and I got him a motherboard with onboard graphics because he is just using it for internet, media and stuff. Well he asked me if he would be able to do dual monitors and he said he had a splitter, but I thought I heard that splitters just make a clone image, and he wants to use it as a true dual setup...

Anyone know about this?

So I ordered parts for a friend of mine to build him a little budget PC and I got him a motherboard with onboard graphics because he is just using it for internet, media and stuff. Well he asked me if he would be able to do dual monitors and he said he had a splitter, but I thought I heard that splitters just make a clone image, and he wants to use it as a true dual setup...

Anyone know about this?

Correct.

You'll need to install a graphics card with dual monitor outputs to achieve a true 'dual screen' set up.

i believe what youre looking for is here let me know if this works for you

All that does is clone your 1st monitor onto a 2nd monitor.

Again, it will not give you a true multi monitor set up with all the features.

A graphics card with dual monitor outs will give you a proper dual monitor set up. Its a bit more money but it all depends what experience the OP wants to achieve.

Sometimes having a clone is fun, but overall i find it to be a waste of money since you can really dual box unless you get a card with 2 vga outputs in it. I think newegg has some for pretty cheap

yeah I checked newegg and they have some for 25$ which aint bad... ill let him know thanks for the responses

Back
Top Bottom