Dual monitors on my new PC

I looked at the dual 2 cores but the pentium D is only $112 and those are more around $180 I think, and I dont have that kind of money. I am trying to sell some pictures in the FS section, I hope to get a job soon too :D

How much should I overclock it too? And any ideas how with the motherboard I selected?

If it helps on suggestions, I am planning on getting 1gb of DDR2 667 Kingston RAM, thanks for the quick responces. I just am trying to learn all I can about overclocking and other cool things I can do.

I just looked again at the core 2 duos, and read teh reviewers thoughts, they said it out performs any pentium D, might be worth the extra $70 for the core 2 duo 1.83ghz, If it really is very overclockable and can outperform the 2.8ghz D i picked out.
Maybe I should get the Pentium Extreme Edition, lol, that would be nice, but please look at my new question above, thanks!!!

ECS is crap.
MSI or Biostar or like Taylor says ASUS or ABIT. Be careful what you buy. Keep shopping...
Stay with the major players. ECS is not a major player.

What is wrong with their board? I think it has the best available SLI capabilities on it, and it recieved good reviews. I don't think I have the money for one of those other boards, again, how much should I overclock to?

superman - that board is fine. ECS and many other small companies make some very good boards, so if the reviews are good then get it. They are also often cheaper than big companies boards.

If you got a E6300, which runs at about 1.8ghz, and if the board supports putting higher voltages through the CPU which I would be suprised if it didn't, you should be looking at over 2ghz easily.

I am still thinking about the pentium D vs core 2 duo. If I dont get a job than I will get the D but if I can get the duo is it worth the extra $70 or should I just stick with the D?

Just though I'd mention my other parts:
160gb 3gb HD
Geforce 7600GS
Kingston 1gb DDR2 667
Sony DVD+-RW
VOODOO Silver case(already got it off ebay)
thats it I think, cant remember all the brands, its all on my wishlist at newegg, :D

I'd say if you can afford the extra money, go with the core 2 because they're a lot cooler, use less juice and are extremely overclockable. Also the benchmarks on core 2's are really great, they blow the pentium D out of the water. The pentium D is good if your'e on a budget but if you can afford it go with the core 2.

Ok thanks, and did I pick out teh fastest type of Harddrive for my motherboard? I think 3gb is the fastest type now, but I wasnt sure. I picked out the best graphics card I could afford too. I hope the onboard sound is ok on my mobo, because I do not plan on buying a sound card for a while.

superman22x said:
Ok thanks, and did I pick out teh fastest type of Harddrive for my motherboard? I think 3gb is the fastest type now, but I wasnt sure. I picked out the best graphics card I could afford too. I hope the onboard sound is ok on my mobo, because I do not plan on buying a sound card for a while.
if by 3GB you mean SATA II, that's the fastest I think, it has a 3GB/s bandwidth which is really good.
I've had no problems with integrated sound but some people like a soundcard better. I say go with whatever you can afford, I don't notice much of a difference either way.

Back
Top Bottom