Dual Monitors?

Worth Doing? Just ordered a new BenQ 24" Monitor and wondering if i should use my 19" LCD Monitor as a Second monitor and run a dual-mon setup? What are the advantages and dis-advantages?

sometimes programs u open, open up on the wrong screen, which sucks if you only want to use 1 screen, and the other one is off.

though i dual monitor with my 22in and my 37in tv, i make it so my tv is primary and 22in is secondary, and just drug my desktop icons and start bar to the 22in to use it to surf the web, and when i open a movie to watch, or play a game, it just opens on my 37in because its the primary and i can still surf the web on the other one.

Try it out. I'll never go back to a single monitor.

Advantages - More screen real estate. That means higher productivity.

Disadvantages - If the resolution of the monitors is different then you have to go with the monitor that has the lower resolution. Which means loosing the top & bottom of the higher resolution monitor. Do it the other way round and the lower resolution monitor will display incorrectly.

Try it out. I'll never go back to a single monitor.

Advantages - More screen real estate. That means higher productivity.

Disadvantages - If the resolution of the monitors is different then you have to go with the monitor that has the lower resolution. Which means loosing the top & bottom of the higher resolution monitor. Do it the other way round and the lower resolution monitor will display incorrectly.

So you cant have 2 different res's? 'Cos my 19" is max 1440x900 and my new one will be max 1920x1080.

yep, both monitors must use the same res, so both monitors will be scaled to the highest res aloud by both monitors.

i loose about 2-3 inches with my 37in because its scaled to 1050 instead of 1080.

That only applies if you want to have two monitors simulate one large continuous desktop. You can still drive two monitors with two separate resolutions.

This only seems to apply to the wallpaper on the desktop. :eek:

All of the screen is still usable for app's and stuff.

I have two 24" monitors and I will never go back it is just that good!

^ im in the same boat
mine are 22" but the feeling is the same
i went from a 19" tube to dual 22" LCDs
talk about
SaWeeeet!
and to top it off ive even added a 3rd monitor
its a 19" LCD
it can be handy, but its not nessessary
im about to ditch it and go back to dual 22s

if i was you i would just get another 24 or what ever it is that you got and enjoy the landscape :D

lets show em off :D
widescreen.jpg

you can just barely see a fine line between the clouds where the 2 22" are
and that white box is my 19"

Back
Top Bottom