Dual monitors...

Eyes0nly

Baseband Member
I have 2 monitors running off the one video card, GeForce2 MX 400, using a splitter cable and all I can do is have the desktop cloned onto the other monitor. I did not set it to clone the desktop I wanted to have two seperate desktops so I could say watch a video on one and browse the internet on the other one. I checked the extend my windows desktop onto this monitor for the secondary monitor and it still only clones the original and doesn't give me a new desktop :confused: any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Eyes0nly

No...not in that set up.

You need two video cards...or...get a video with two outputs. Most new video cards have that capability. And with Windows 2000 or newer (this includes Windows XP home) it is REALLY easy to do.

My first dual video card was a Matrox G400. I used it for CAD and it was great to have my buttons on one screen and my drawing screen as big as possible. I don't do CAD much anymore, so to me its not worth the money on a second monitor.

i have one of those tripple monitors for playing games, it came with seperate video cards built into the monitor, so if your really good with pcs you install one, or ur just better off buying a new one, anyways ANSWER MY QUESTION

Yeah - you need Two Outputs to get Two Images. One Output will merely bring up one output image.

All new cards have the Digital Sockets in them and a Normal one. If one of your monitors is DVI then you can use that fine... if not, just get a simple PCI Graphics Card for the worst one.

Back
Top Bottom