Dual Monitor

room7

Solid State Member
I have two monitors (Dell 22'' (Primary) & Vizio 42" (Secondary). I have a NVidia 8800 GT (640MB).
I set up the Vizio as an extended desktop, and only use it when Im watching a video and working at the same time.

My Question: If I only have one monitor on, does my video card work as hard as if both monitors were on?

I have two monitors (Dell 22'' (Primary) & Vizio 42" (Secondary). I have a NVidia 8800 GT (640MB).
I set up the Vizio as an extended desktop, and only use it when Im watching a video and working at the same time.

My Question: If I only have one monitor on, does my video card work as hard as if both monitors were on?

It's just copying an image over. Your card should handle it fine.

It's just copying an image over. Your card should handle it fine.

Im not cloning the image, Its an extended desktop (makes my desktop larger with two monitors side by side)....is your response the same for both situations?

it isnt working that much harder only because its ur desktop but when ur running a game usually the secondary will black out and the game will only show on the primary unless you go into the settings ingame and set the resolution

Back
Top Bottom