dual moniters in sli

GrapeS

Solid State Member
alright which moniter goes where. both in same card or one in each and they are nvidia so whats the easiest way to set them up?

Yeah, for dual monitor setups you'd put it into the main card, because one card handles the frames from the other one and puts them together, and so if you think about it logically, putting one on each would mean you'd have half the screen on one and the other half on another if it was possible to do so :p

I don't think SLI means dual monitor... I could be wrong though. I thought it just meant better performance. For multiple monitors you need either a different graphics card (for instance, in my old computer I have a geforce 3 via AGP and a Matrox g450 dualhead via PCI), or a graphics card that supports two monitors. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, SLI does mean better performance in some games, though like with a single card, you can still have dual monitor setups, so i'm correcting you :p

With SLI, I beieve its possible on the motherboard to turn off the performance features and be running 4 screens at the same time instead with SLI though, so you have a choice, though i'd choose performance of course :p

Kage is right. With 2 gpus you can actually disable SLI and run with 4 Monitors. But to use SLI, both Monitors must be on the same card. Card #2 output is disabled in SLI.

thank you very much. also would anyone know why my fps in cs has gone down :( it went from 80-120 to 30-70 it makes it unplayable. i do have it on sli mode and i do have latest drivers installed for vid card could it be motherboard drivers? and i know they are both going because i scored a 7800 on 3dmark 05

Is there a profile for CS in your SLI? Wich mode of SLI are you trying to run? If there is no profile for CS in your SLI then your FPS will actually go down a bit.

how should i set that profile up? i reinstalled all drivers and its back up but not near as high its up 60-70 bursts of 100. walk me through this im a noob with nothign better to spend money on

BlackWiddow said:
how should i set that profile up? i reinstalled all drivers and its back up but not near as high its up 60-70 bursts of 100. walk me through this im a noob with nothign better to spend money on

No idea. I dont have my second GPU yet so I have not started using it. But I sure sounded like I knew what I was talking about eh? Remember, google is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom