Dual Link support on ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570....

tonym5493

Beta member
Hi, have a laptop with the graphics card mentioned in the title of the thread, and have a rather curious question...

The above mentioned card is said to support dual-link monitors, yet i only have a VGA port available on my laptop. Can someone please explain to me how this would work in conjunction with a dual link monitor, or even TV? Reason i ask is i would like to be able to connect to an HD television and watch full 1080p movies (which my laptop is capable of doing)...

My laptop is an ASUS K50AB laptop, AMD Turion X2 Ultra 64-bit with a dedicated ATI mobility Radeon HD4570 512MB dedicated graphic card.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

the card itself, in the chipset itself supports the standard, but because you only have a VGA port, you only get VGA video.

Desktop cards support them in most cases, you can usually tell by looking at the DVI connector on the card itself.

Can i still get 1080p, or at very least 720p, HD through the vga? Or is it a case of me investing in a USB-HDMI adaptor?

VGA is an analog signal, and the timing is different than digital signals such as HDMI or DVI. If the card implementation supports it, and the receiving device is ok with the signal, technically you could do 1080p over VGA. 720p should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom