Dual Channel Help?

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok, So I got this new computer I built and with it I got 2x512mb Corsair DDr2 800mhz Dual Channel kit, but for some reason its only in Single Channel mode. Im really knew to building computers so is there anything else I have to to besides putting it in the Correct slots? Is there anything I have to enable to get it in Dual Channel mode? Heres the rest of my system if it helps

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Dual Core
M2N4 Sli Motherbaord
550 Watt PSU
PNY 7600gt

Yea I did that, I got it in the right slows but when I open up CPUZ it still Says its only single channel

i'd check BIOS, see if a setting in there is messed up. Or there is a small possibility that bios sees it, and is using it as dual channel, but CPUZ is reading it wrong. but i'd still lookk in BIOS see what it tells ya.

CompMan said:
Uhh put one in each of the blue slot.
Drain You said:
Yea I did that, I got it in the right slows but when I open up CPUZ it still Says its only single channel
Considering your board doesn't have blue ram slots I'm perplexed :confused:

From your manual

memil6.jpg

You need to use slots A1 & B1 or A2 & B2 (if in doubt RTTFM [Refer to the farking manual])

Ram Vendor list. (Are your modules listed here?)

listva9.jpg

Legend

list2jc0.jpg

I had a quick look through the manual bios options and found nothing relating to enabling dual channel (I didn't really expect to either as it is usually automatic)

My guess is that you've used the wrong slots, change them to the config above and run CPU-Z again, if it is still reading single I'd say it's a glitch with CPU-Z.

Do you have the latest version?

CPU-Z 1.38 link

No, thats how I put the Ram in, I did that correctly I know that for sure. When you said blue slots I just agreed with you because I figured you meant the right slots for dual channel not the ones next to each other. Yes I just double checked also, thanks for your help. Must just be a glitch in Cpuz

Back
Top Bottom