dual channel

Badandy10542

Beta member
i just recently bought a new mobo, ram & cpu. i was upset when i found out the mobo supported dual channel and the ram i bought does not. my mobo supports semron but i bought a barton. does dual channel work with athlonxp?

i also have another question, i cant seem to overclock my xp3200+ barton for shit, are you supposed to change the chipset voltage at all?

Xp 3200+ dont overclock all that well. What mobo, RAM do you have? 3200+ max out around 2.4-2.5Ghz.

Badandy10542 said:
....... i was upset when i found out the mobo supported dual channel and the ram i bought does not .....
You appear to be labouring under the misapprehension that ram is dual channel capable or not ...... the answer is NOT
The only prerequisite for ram to run in dual channel is that the sticks are the same (preferably identical), dual channel is determined by the m/board. If the board is dual channel capable and you have two ram sticks the same, it will run in dual channel, consult your m/board manual for dual channel configuration, usually slots 0 & 2, 1 & 3 or all four filled will give dual channel.

OK, here's how it actually works. It support Sempron, but it supports all Socket 462 processors. There's nothng wrong in there. For the Dual Channel RAM, place the RAM in slot1 and 3. Even if they are not dual Channel, they will work like dual channel memory. The motherboard will control it.

Back
Top Bottom