dual boot with XP and Vista...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
one on an IDE HDD and the other on a SATA HDD, it's working, but do I have to reinstall all the the programs that were running on the IDE HDD in XP on the SATA that is now running Vista...?

umm some you can get away with some you cant.

its litereally like a lottery the only way is to try an EXE file fom each program files directory and see if it works.

my girfriends brother had a similar setup jus had 2 X XP setups on 1 hardrive but some programs would run from the other and some wouldnt if you know what i mean ...

im afraid trial and error seems to be your only option

umm some you can get away with some you cant.

its litereally like a lottery the only way is to try an EXE file fom each program files directory and see if it works.

my girfriends brother had a similar setup jus had 2 X XP setups on 1 hardrive but some programs would run from the other and some wouldnt if you know what i mean ...

im afraid trial and error seems to be your only option

thanx...

one on an IDE HDD and the other on a SATA HDD, it's working, but do I have to reinstall all the the programs that were running on the IDE HDD in XP on the SATA that is now running Vista...?

yessir
and i recommend u install the two OS's on different hard drives, and install the software for each OS on its OWN drive - COMPUTERS GET CONFUSED TO (sad i know)

good luck

i have 2 SATA II drives, one with Vista, one with XP.
and for the best game performance, install on XP - it'll be MUCH faster than on Vista (trust me i would know)

lol "core 1 uno" haha - i have the core 1 uno-point-five version of ur processor (hyper-threading) lol

yessir
and i recommend u install the two OS's on different hard drives, and install the software for each OS on its OWN drive - COMPUTERS GET CONFUSED TO (sad i know)

good luck

i have 2 SATA II drives, one with Vista, one with XP.
and for the best game performance, install on XP - it'll be MUCH faster than on Vista (trust me i would know)

lol "core 1 uno" haha - i have the core 1 uno-point-five version of ur processor (hyper-threading) lol

Games run just as good on Vista as they do XP with the newer drivers. Plus you can use DX10 on games that have it.

okay my bad - maybe on ur machine
u have an extremely extremely high-end machine, might i add

with my 3ghz p4 HT and my agp 7600gt u can see a DRAMATIC increase in performance of games

Mattie, look at his specs, theyre not much better than mine, other than the CPU - dont become spoiled thinking everyone in CF or in the world can afford such gracious machines :p

okay my bad - maybe on ur machine
u have an extremely extremely high-end machine, might i add

with my 3ghz p4 HT and my agp 7600gt u can see a DRAMATIC increase in performance of games

Mattie, look at his specs, theyre not much better than mine, other than the CPU - dont become spoiled thinking everyone in CF or in the world can afford such gracious machines :p

Okay I just took another look at his specs and your probally right. Have you tried newer drivers with Vista on yours? I'd think with the dual core it should run games pretty decent in Vista. Just disable Aero when you play and that should narrow the performance gap quite a bit.

Sry didn't mean to come off like that. Thanks for the compliment though. You should try that just for giggles. Turn off Aero use fraps to bench a game in XP then bench it in Vista.

Back
Top Bottom