Dual Boot XP And Vista

bullzi i apreciate the reply and you trying to help me but you clearly didnt read my first post i tried that guide and i couldnt resize my partition i have tried

Gparted
Diskpart
partition magic (wont install)

my problem now is that my hardrive is sort of protected for some reason i have 46GB space but i cant resize it at all ???

ah, very sorry, just skimmed it, no idea then...:(

yep tht error does exist google it

yep i do have ulitmate how or can you turn bitlocker off ??

i have looked in control panel and security and i cant find bitlocker does this mean i dont have it ??

if so what else could be stopping me from shrinking the partition ??

yeah well i dont think i have it so does that mean every1 is out of ideas ??

Not sure if you have tried this, have you tried shrinking the volume in disk management yet?
EDIT
A few more things to try before shrinking. Disable the virtual memory on the drive your shrinking, consider stopping system restore aswell as this uses 15% of your HDD space. Once its shrank, you can enable it again.

right raffaz i think you might be onto something here i have tried disk management no luck

but theres good news and abd news the bad news is

i disable system restore and virtual memory and ran diskpart from cmd and used list disk list volume and shrink and it has freed up only 250MB

BUT if i re enable system restore and virtual memory it will use another 250Mb of my free space so if i re enable it reboot disbale it shrink i will now have 500Mb so if i do that a few hundred times i might get my 15Gb i want for xp ??? what you think

its a last resort, obviously id prefer something simpler but nothing seems to be working at the mo:)

Have you tried acronis disk director? The 260 build is vista compatible, and it allows you to create a bootable CD for the job.

Back
Top Bottom