Which drivers to delete?!?

allenn812

Daemon Poster
ok tomarrow im switching my geforce 6200 with a 6800, and i know you should remove the drivers. Right know i have some old drivers, so when i get the 6800 i wanna get the lastest ones. But when i click to remove the nvidia drivers, it gives a list of what to delete.
Heres the list
Nvidia:
audio driver
display driver
GART driver
memory controller driver
nforce PCI system manager driver

Im thinking i should only delete the display drivers, but im not sure.
Dont want to sound like an ahole, but please dont answer if your not 100% sure you know.

Thanks!

Yep, just the display driver (The rest relate to your motherboards nForce chipset). However the days of specific drivers are gone, so you'll probally find if you just swap the cards out you'll get a degree of success. But if your updating anyway, then ya might aswell unistall the driver and bang the latest Forcewares in! :D

If you are switching out the video card or regardless to whatever hardware it may be, it is recommended that you remove the drivers from the old device first, then install the new hardware and in your case, the new video card. It's much cleaner this way and you reduce a lot of conflicts. Yeah, remove the "Display Drivers" definitely. I did the exact same thing when I upgraded my video card too.

Back
Top Bottom