I don't know exactly where to post this so I hope this is okay. For about a month and a half now I have been having issues with my sound. My speaker in my taskbar has a red 'x' on it and I've tried to go to other forums to see if I could fix the problem but to no avail it hasn't fixed it. I've followed ALL the steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Click Sound, video, and game controllers to expand.
- Under Sound, video, and game controllers, double-click the entry for your sound card, and then click the Driver tab.
Note If a Driver tab is not present, the entry that you clicked under Sound, video, and game controllers may not be the correct entry for your sound card. Try clicking any additional entries listed under Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Click Update Driver Software.
- Follow the Update Driver Software Wizard to update the sound card driver.
The problem is I don't have Sound, video, and game controllers
no where in the device manager. So I am not able to fix anything. Sometimes when I reboot the computer the red 'x' is gone from my speaker and I can toggle the volume but when I try to watch a video the flash player crashes.
Not only am I not getting any sound I am not able to play or load a CD in the cd-rom.
I asked my dad for help on this and he seems to think that my drivers are completely broken and I would have to fix the hardware. Is there any other help out there for this situation? Any help would be completely appreciated.