Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Driver issues

I'm having some hardware issues involving drivers. I just installed Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv6910US and everything works GREAT except for a few drivers:

2 that say "Base System Device": 1 that I believe the the built in microphones and one that I believe is the built in web cam.
1 that says "Coprocessor": I'm 90% sure that this is the nVidia GPU that Piriform's Speccy (PHENOMENAL program!!!) has listed as a "GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M".

I don't know what the 2 "Base system devices" are for sure. How can I positively identify them? And, once I do, can anyone recommend a good place to get drivers for odds and ends like this?

Now...the nVidia chip...I got the driver for 32-bit windows 7 that should run the chip but, after installing the software, it still doesn't work. I downloaded 179.48 beta from the nVidia site, ran the installer and it installed a program called nVidia PhysX Properties. When I run the program, none of the settings work. There are radio buttons for selecting what type of hardware acceleration you want to use but they're greyed out and I can't select anything other than "No acceleration" and, on the info page, it says "no physx processor installed".

Here is the help site the program sends me to:

C:\Program Files\AGEIA Technologies\NVIDIA_PhysX_Help.mht

...here you can see a bit of what I'm talking about and what it's supposed to say.

Anyone have anything I can try to get this thing to work?

And...now...the speakers quit working and there is a new addition to the Device Manager:

WD SES Device USB Device...and no...that's not a typo...

Gee...I wonder what what could be...lol

NO SHIT the speakers worked earlier. I listed to Pantera and KoRn (Blind is such a cool song...haven't heard it in a while...) on Pandora earlier and it worked perfectly. Turn it on now and it decided not to work anymore.

I don't get it but I guess I get to work on that tomorrow...again...
Rmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote