Driver Dilemma

NOFX

Fully Optimized
Hey,

So Im playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and I get to the Dantooine level. Here I find that the game lags terribly. Even after I have turned the settings down to the bare bones, it still lags. Im running a 3ghz CPU, X800pro and 1gig of Kingston Ram, so a game like that shouldnt be lagging.

Okay so I go to my Generic Computer Magazines cover DVD and it has the Radeon Catalyst 5.4 driver on it. On the "fixed in this driver" message it boasts to have fixed the very problem I face. So I install the driver, this is how:

1. Extract to my documents
2. Run the Auto-installer straight over the top of my old driver

So I reboot and log back into KOTOR and lo and behold it is still lagging to the same extent. I call the ridiculosly expensive support line for the game and their only advice is to get the latest driver off the ATi website. So I download the 5.6 Catalyst Driver, today. I install it in the same means as above, and when i run my DirectX Diagnostics it says that I installed the last driver back in May. So I remove the ATi Display driver all together and then reinstall it, and still I face the same problem.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!

Am I not installing the driver correctly or what.

Cheers

N-O-F-X

have you made sure that you have the latest version of direct x? also disable any antivirus/firewall and similar other applications when you run your game.

If the Catalyst drivers don't work, then I guess it coudln't hurt. After all, Omega Drivers are optimized for gaming. But I get the feeling that that's not the case here, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom