Driver

george2

Daemon Poster
I have a Akai MPD16 drum machine and I downloaded a driver for it off the Akai website. I opened the rar file and inside was a notepad file with jiberish and a file that i couldn't open. I did the whole look for a web sever that can open it thing and it said that it was a driver and that there wasn't a program to open it with.

Do I need to paste this driver somewhere cause it doesn't seem to be working where it is at the moment. Thanks for all your help, pz.

Well something should pop up looking for it. Like when I first install my ZEn mp3 player. A thing pops up in the button right corner saying unknown device. So you click on it and there should ask for the driver right there.

Also you can go to your device manager. Start- Control Panel - System - Hardware tab - Device Manager
Your Akai drum machine should come up in there somewhere. and it will have a Question mark or something for the icon...
Right click - Update Driver.

^^ going off of what he said to get to device manager and right click to the update driver. From there you'll be brought to a driver install wizard. Don't search online when asked (that doesn't in XP, but if you use vista it works fine). Choose the advanced option where you brose for the driver manually, and bring it to the unziped version of the download you did.

Back
Top Bottom