Downloading problem

TheRustySpoon

Beta member
My internet is crappy and it disconnect and reconnect by itself every hour/half hour or so, so when I download from sites I cannt finish them because they keep getting restarted =/
when i use opera,it saves and i cant restart download once it stopped, but i wanna ask is there a downloading program or something that restart the download by it self when im not on the comp?
thx :)

Its strange that it disconnect and reconnects randomly if its wired.

Also, im trying to find something you looking for.

I think there is something called the lease and it can be set to a certain time and so maybe that disconnects it?

Sorry, but i don't think i can help you.

There are Download Accelerators that do what you want, and could probably be set to start off again automatically, BUT, many tend to be littered with all sorts of spyware and even trojans.
You have to be careful, and make sure to scan with a wide range of programs first.

I'm afraid I don't know of one thats fully clean.

mozilla doesnt always reconnect you. I always use Flashget, its a great program that allows you to pause and stop downloads anytime and always gets you reconnected if you DC. I highly recommend it.

My internet is crappy and it disconnect and reconnect by itself every hour/half hour or so, so when I download from sites I cannt finish them because they keep getting restarted =/
when i use opera,it saves and i cant restart download once it stopped, but i wanna ask is there a downloading program or something that restart the download by it self when im not on the comp?
thx :)

Does your "modem" loose sync?

I am the same man MY INTERNETS THE SAME, Overe the past few days its really annoying, when I download a film it may just stop, or d/c, if your on virgin broudband i reakon its your provider, try ringing them, I aint tried yet as I'm not in enough to wait for them to answer.

Maybe your provider has a set kb speed that you can download, some do do this and cut you straight off.

http://getright.com/

I've always found that one a particularly good download manager.

not least because you can pause and resume files, and restart in the middle of downloads, but also because you can add file mirrors to the download source so that it downloads from more than one place at the same time making the download a bit faster.

and it's spyware free.

Back
Top Bottom