downloading and printer problems

howlsatthemoon

Beta member
Hello everyone this is my first post and I hope that someone can help me.

My problem is that I cannot download anything from the internet. When I click on a "download now " icon nothing happens.

I also have a problem that when I try to print a webpage or my email nothing happens. I know that my printer is working because I can print off a letter or document in microsoft works.

I don't know if the two problems are connected but I could really do with some help from those who have a more superior knowledge than myself :D :D.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with windows xp if this is any help.

Thanking you in anticipation.

First try right clicking the link, and clicking save target as, and then saving it to a folder.
Your drivers for your printer might be corrupted or damage. Try driver rollback, or getting the latest from the manufacturers site. Search it on dell's website.

Hi PerfectSK

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have tried to "save target as" but when I click it the little hourglass appears for a split second and then nothing happens.

I can print documents from my word processor so i think the drivers are ok. It is when I try to print anything from the internet including my email that it will not print.

Cheers

yeah try using morzilla firefox if you can get your hands on it as you cant download anything! also do a virus and spyware scan to check that theres no problems in that area

Back
Top Bottom