downloading to a disk

tmm58991

Baseband Member
how can you use a public computer to download screen savers to a disk off of the internet and then take the disk to your own computer and install them does anyone know how please help :confused:

Copy it over to a thumb drive or pen drive (whatever you want to call it). Do you have Internet on your personal computer? If you do, why don't you just download it at home from the website you found that screensaver on? But if you don't, just download it onto the Desktop or wherever and copy that file to your Floppy, burn it on a CD, copy to Zip disk, pen drive, etc.

do you really think a public computer will have XP (so it can use the thumbdrives) or a cd burner...please.

Where's this public PC located at? Library, computer lab at school, work? Thumbdrives plug into any USB ports and compatible with any OS. It is literally plug and play technology and will be detected automatically. It is treated as a removable drive. All the computer labs where I work and school have standard CD burners so I don't have a problem with copying stuff to CDs. They just don't have DVD burners yet.

If its a PC from a public library, they may have concealed the USB ports and restrict access to installing or setting up thumbdrives. They're so cheap, they don't even have burners yet (at least the public city library where I go to). I never go there to often anyways.

Back
Top Bottom