Download problems

cobra1

Solid State Member
On Friday I tried to use Windows Update as I check this every three or four weeks. It would not let me update due to something with activex controls. It gave a link on how to correct this, which I did and eventually I got what updates there were. I have Windows 2000 SP4 and IE SP1.

Prior to this activex thing, surfing was fast, I could download from the net and use Windows Media Player 9 for downloading movies. Since then pages hang for several seconds when surfing, I can't download anything, I can't even read PDF pages now and I can't download anything with Windows Media Player 9. I've been trying to find solutions on the net for two days but I haven't found anything or I'm looking in the wrong places.

I'm thinking maybe it's in the settings or they were changed somehow but I'm not sure. Any advice would be appreciated as this has been most frustrating.

Yes, this has happened to me before, i can guide you step by step depending on your Firewall. Let us know what firewall and antivirus u got.

Back
Top Bottom