download one movie DSL account removed?

onimusha

In Runtime
okay i got a email from bell sympatico saying that i downloaded a movie from emule (edonkey) called "shaun of the dead". the letter stated that i was doing something illegal "copyright infringement". the letter had my ip, the exact file name, the exact month, the day and time the file was downloaded by me.

what the hell is going on here? is it my fault someguy put "shaun of the dead" on the edonkey network? Infringement means i am stealing something that belongs on somebody else. but i did not steal nothing. somebody else did and put it on emule. i just download it. is it my fault illegal movies are being put on the edonkey network? why dont they send a letter to the creater of the edonkey network? why send me this letter?
my account was not removed but in the letter it warned me that there is a chance it could be, if this happens again.

i have virtually all the movies that are in theathers now (by bittorrent). this letter just mentioned that one "shaun of the dead" movie, and nothing else.

my parents are getting pissed at me a if i stole this damn movie, as if im a thief!!!!

guys please help what should i reply to bell sympatico.

so its illegal??????? alost 96% of computer owners download movies. SO what should i do use bittorrent from now on?????? what is your suggestion????????? what do i need to know???? i am using a free program called emule which i got from a site (legal), i then use that program to download whatever is in the network (legal). what law did i break???

yes it is illegal, it is a copyrighted material, and you just got it off the internet for free. It was your choice for downloading it.

if i were u just stop. they are right. you can also be sent to jail for downloading stuff like that. its a law now that u cant download mp3s or music or movies or computer programs that you would have to pay for for free of any website.

The laws depend on where u live. Here downloading is not illegal, sharing is. But if they tell u not to download then three options; download (and they might remove the account) or just swich to a different DSL provider, or just stop downloading.

onimusha said:
i then use that program to download whatever is in the network (legal). what law did i break???

The program and it's download is not illegal, its just P2P. You just, god.. I gotta go.

dude....anything that is copyrighted that you didn't pay for is illegal...movies...music...software. the program itself is not illegal, the material you download is illegal. Apparently your isp has some sort of monitoring system for things like that, if I were you, I wouldn't mess with it.

a company called universal studios some how managed to figure out that i downloaded their movie. so universal studios emailed my isp to tell me that i did something illegal. so my isp doesnt really care, its just that stupid universal studios. my isp does not have any monitering system at all.

my isp is cool, its bell canada they dont really care what you do, its just that universal studios.

how did universal studios find out what i was downloading?????????? how???????????????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom