dos help

clip said:
yeah its an .avi file, and no i havne't viewed it, there is a problem with the movie, becuase i didn't end up getting the whole movie, i am missing like 70 000 mgb so i can't watch it. I wanted to run the computer in safe mode with command prompt and erase the file from dos thats why i was asking, do u guys have any other suggestions on how to get ride of this movie. thx for all your help and suggestions.

-cLiP
Whats this got to do with Dos ???
You should be able to watch what you have,if you have DivX player. :p
Otherwise rent it for $2.
:confused:

So i am right in saying you have tryed normal things like hitting delete.moving to recycle bin. Try and search for software there might be something.

Did you ever get your answer for the DOS thing? I couldn't tell with all of the crying at each other.

If you are running DOS in a window 98, ME, 2000 or XP it is pretty good. the full file name is on the right hand side and the DOS is on the left. For example: a file in My Documents named "Some File I created in Windows.doc" would look like this in the DOS window. "C:\mydocu~1\somefi~1.doc".

The best way is to do a "dir" command. Look for the file you think it is and type the DOS version of that name.

It is going to be the first 6 charaters, without spaces, "~" and then a number. The number is for any other files with the first 6 charaters that are the same.

Hope that helped.

But if you want to delete the file...you can do it this way. Restart your computer in safe mode and delete it there. It shouldn't run in automatically in safe mode. Or you can restart off a DOS Boot disk and do it that way, too.

killerdoberman said:
Did you ever get your answer for the DOS thing? I couldn't tell with all of the crying at each other.

If you are running DOS in a window 98, ME, 2000 or XP it is pretty good. the full file name is on the right hand side and the DOS is on the left. For example: a file in My Documents named "Some File I created in Windows.doc" would look like this in the DOS window. "C:\mydocu~1\somefi~1.doc".

The best way is to do a "dir" command. Look for the file you think it is and type the DOS version of that name.

It is going to be the first 6 charaters, without spaces, "~" and then a number. The number is for any other files with the first 6 charaters that are the same.

Hope that helped.

But if you want to delete the file...you can do it this way. Restart your computer in safe mode and delete it there. It shouldn't run in automatically in safe mode. Or you can restart off a DOS Boot disk and do it that way, too.

In the last few days i have been working on vcr recording.In the process i have erased at least a dozen *.avi files in Windows me.
Is this a joke,are you serious ?
Yes there is a Dos command.
del C:\movies\mymovie.avi

clip said:
thx for the help killerdoberman
Really now,the filename should no have anything to do with deleting it unless it's a system file or being used.Deleting files should not require safe mode.
Original post,
I was wondering how can u run a file in dos,
Install Dos.~~~~
:D

Back
Top Bottom