Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default dont know what to say HI! cheesecake?

OK i bought my card, the 9600GSO ive got a question about drivers. in uninstall and modify programs i saw Nvidia drivers. do i remove them there or delete the nvidia folder in my program files. i know i dont have to do this since im getting another nvidia card but like i just wanna redownload them and stuff. ty for anyhelp

iLLTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: dont know what to say HI! cheesecake?

I'm not sure what you are asking. You have a Nvidia video display adapter and drivers, but want to un-install and re-install the drivers?

Or, you upgraded to a new Nvidia 9600 GSO video card and need to update your drivers?

In any case, you should un-install the drivers, rather than delete the Nvidia folder from the hard disk. When the drivers are installed, the installation makes changes in the operating system registry. If you just delete the folder that the drivers are located at, the registry will look still look for the drivers, but won't find them. By "uninstalling" the drivers, the registry is modified so that your operating system doesn't try to load the uninstalled drivers any more.
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote